To better explain, let me break down in terms of timeline in the morning:
- Client requirement: Bride ready by 7am for groom's arrival
- 3.50: Makeup artist arrives to setup
- 4am: Starts prepping face for bride - tone, essence, moisturise/ apply makeup ampoule
- 4.10am: Makeup
- 5.15am: Makeup completes
- 5.20am: Preps hair for volume & texture
- 5.35am: Starts styling, pinning of hair
- 6am: Adds hair accessories to hair. Photographer/ videographer arrives.
- 6.15am: Full hair & makeup completed. Bride poses for beauty shots (before changing into gown) for photo & videos, another 5mins to change into the gown, poses for additional beauty shots now fully dressed in gown.
- 6.30am: Photographer & videographer takes shots of bride with bridesmaids, family members & parents veiling the bride
- 6.50 - 7am: Groom arrives, Photographer & Videographer complete their shots with bride and heads down to capture the groom's arrival.
Hence, it is very common for makeup and hair to start 3 hours prior, especially if you have a photographer or videographer, because they also need time to arrange things around in the house, compose their shots beautifully and direct you, and your loved ones how to look good for good pictures and videos.